Hello Everyone ! Welcome to mpscmaterial Website. below you will find mpsc forest service examination pattern and syllabus i.e. the MPSC Forest Service Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
So, here is MPSC Forest Service Exam Pattern :
So, What does the pattern want to say ? In MPSC Forest Services Examination there are total 3 stages including interview. In MPSC Forest Prelim Exam There will be one Paper and in mains exam there will be two papers each of 200 marks and lastly interview of 50 Marks.
Below You will find the detailed syllabus of MPSC Forest Exam.
MPSC Forest Services Prelim Examination Syllabus
- Marathi Language
- English Language
- Current Affairs of national and International Importance
- General Mental Ability (Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, Problem Solving, Basic Numeracy)
MPSC Forest Services Mains Examination Syllabus
Paper I : General Studies
- History of India with emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and the World. Emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Indian polity and Governance. Constitution and Political System, Rural and Urban local self Government
- Economic and Social Development
Paper – II : General Science & Nature Conservation
1) General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)
2) Nature Conservation
- Soils: – Physical, chemical and biological properties. Processes and factors of soil formation. Mineral and organic constituents of soil and their role in maintaining soil productivity. Soil profile. Problem soils and their reclamation.
- Soil and moisture conservation:- Causes of soil erosion, method of control, role of forest, characteristics of and steps in Watershed Management.
- Eco Systems: – Types, food chain, food web, ecological pyramids, energy flow, biogeochemical cycle of carbon and nitrogen.
- Manures and Fertilizers:- Types, organic – inorganic.
- Diseases and pests of plants and animals.
- Pesticides and insecticides.
- Injurious plants and weeds.
- Environmental Pollution:- Types, control, bio-indicators, endangered species,.
- Environmental problems related to quarrying and mining.
- Greenhouse effect, Carbon trading, Climate Change.
- Important wild animals of India.
- Breeds of cattle, Economics of fodder and pasture of grassland management.
- Important indigenous trees species of India, exotic plants, plants as a source of forest products such as food, fibre, fuel wood, timber, non-timber, forest produce/minor forest produce. Medicinal plants, Energy plantations, Mangroves, Forest based industries.
- Factors effecting growth and distribution of plants. Forest types of India.
- National parks and Sanctuaries, World heritage sites.
- Social forestry, Joint Forest Management, Agro forestry.
- Indian forest policy, Indian Forest Act, Wild Life Protection Act, Forest Conservation Act, 1980.
- National and International Organization working for nature conservation.
- Use of aerial photographs, thematic maps. Satellite imageries, Principle and application of GIS.
- Biodiversity, causes of loss of biodiversity, importance of biodiversity
- Plants breeding, tissue culture. Tribal’s and forests. Important tribes of India.
MPSC Forest Exam Syllabus In PDF :
MPSC Forest Prelim and Mains Exam Syllabus in PDF : Download PDF
This might be helpful for you w.r.t MPSC Forest Services Exam.